In 1997, Hobbs Straus lawyers assisted the Susanville Indian Rancheria become one of the first tribes in the country to use the provisions of ISDEAA to successfully acquire Department of Army surplus property in trust under the Base Realignment and Closure Act.
- Advise and assist tribes on establishing and improving tribal court systems.
- Draft and revise tribal court codes.
- Assist tribes in developing jurisdictional scope for tribal courts.
- Draft rules of procedure and evidence for tribal courts.
- Provide representation for enforcement of tribal court judgments in non-Indian courts.